Here are some frequently asked questions about car insurance.
A:Quote / Application
1. How do I get insurance after purchasing a car? ➡ Please contact us first. After filling out the car insurance Form A (request form), we will prepare an estimate (calculation of annual cost). If you agree with it, we will send you an electronic insurance confirmation (eVB) required for car registration by E-mail.
2. When will my insurance become valid? ➡ Insurance will become valid from the point of registration at the Land Transport Department (when the license plate is obtained).
3. Is the quote a year’s premium? ➡ Yes. We will show you a rough estimate for one year. This year’s insurance premium will be prorated from the vehicle registration date (insurance start date) to the next renewal date (January 1 of the following year).
4. Is it possible to change the insurance company starting from next month? ➡ No, that cannot be changed. If you are currently enrolled in automobile insurance at another company and are considering changing your insurance company, please send the current automobile insurance policy to us.
B:How to write a request form: Form A
1. What happens if I exceed the planned annual mileage at the time of application? ➡ Insurance premium will vary depending on the planned annual mileage, so please contact us immediately if you exceed the mileage. We will change the contract details.
2. How should I calculate the estimated annual mileage? ➡ Please use this as a reference. • About 6,000 km: I only ride when I go shopping at a supermarket and don´t ride much
• Up to 10,000 km: I go shopping and drive my car on weekends
• More than 10,000 km : I go on trips and go out frequently
3. I use a car for private and commuting. Is the purpose of use “private and business use”? ➡ Commuting is for private use.
4. It says “Certificate of no accidents from foreign countries for 4 years or more”, but is it okay to use a Japanese suspension certificate issued by a Japanese automobile insurance company? ➡ The accident-free certificate and the suspension certificate are not the same documents. Therefore, please ask the car insurance company that you have subscribed in Japan to issue an accident-free certificate in English.
5. What are the applicable conditions for a no-claim certificate? ➡ The following conditions are required. • The original English no-claim certificate issued by the car insurance company
• The car insurance policyholder who was enrolled in Japan is the same as the prospective insurance policyholder
• The insurance period is entered in the no-claim certificate (Example: 01.01.2015-01.01.2020)
• The signature of the no-claim certificate issuer is written.
• The logo is written (color) or the company seal is stamped * 1 * 1 If the logo has no color, black is also acceptable * Our company only accept no-claim certificate for at least 4 years or 5 years or more.
C:How to pay insurance premium
1. Can I choose the payment method ? ➡ We only accept withdrawals from German bank accounts.
2. Can insurance payment be split? ➡ We only accept lump sum payments.
3. When will the insurance premium be withdrawn? ➡ The initial insurance premium will be deducted from the bank account after the insurance policy is issued. From the next fiscal year onward, it will be deducted from the bank account in early January.
1. I want to cancel my insurance, what should I do? ➡ If the registration is canceled at the Land Transport Department, the insurance will be automatically canceled. In the case of individual sales, we recommend you to confirm that the name change has been made.
The insurance premium paid for this year will be calculated on a daily basis from the date of deregistration to the next renewal date (usually January 1st) and will be returned to your bank account later.
* Please be sure to double-check when changing your name in the case of individual sales.
E.In Case of an Accident
1. Is Mallorca-Police covered? ➡ Yes, it will be compensated.
2. I had a self-inflicted accident. Will it be covered by insurance? ➡ In case of a vehicle damage, you will be covered by the comprehensive
(all-risk) vehicle insurance. Please note that damage to the car body (self-inflicted accidents, etc.) will not be compensated if you are partially covered.
3. I was involved in a hit and run case. Unfortunately, I don’t know the culprit. Will it be covered by insurance? ➡ In case of a vehicle damage, you will be covered by comprehensive (all-risk) vehicle insurance. Please note that damage to the car body will not be compensated if you are partially covered.
4. The car was damaged on purpose/by mischief. Unfortunately, I don’t know the culprit. Will it be covered by insurance? ➡ In case of a vehicle damage, you will be covered by the comprehensive (all-risk) vehicle insurance. Please note that damage to the car body will not be compensated if you are partially covered.
5. The car broke down. Will it be covered by car insurance? ➡ Unfortunately, the car insurance does not cover the breakdown because it is caused by the internal factors of the car. However, if you have subscribed to the roadside assistance, you can use the relief service.
6. I have had a self-inflicted accident. If I use insurance, will the insurance premium for the following year and thereafter increase? ➡ Yes. If you use the comprehensive vehicle insurance, the accident-free grade will be lowered and the insurance premium will be increased from the next fiscal year onward due to damage to the vehicle body. However, if you use only vehicle insurance with partial cover due to a glass breakage, etc., the insurance premiums for the following fiscal year and thereafter will not be affected. Please see here for details on various types of car insurance. https://jcom-ins.de/en/car_insurance/(About German car insurance)
7. My address has changed. What should I do? ➡ If you move, please contact us immediately. So that we can inform insurance company of your new address.
8. A Screw was stuck in the tire of the car parked in the underground parking. ➡ If you are in comprehensive (all-risk) insurance, it will be covered.
9. While I was driving, another vehicle cut in and attempted to overtake. As a result, the front light of my car was cracked. ➡ In this case, the fault lies 100% the other party. The repar cost and the rental car to be used during the repairing will be paid by the other party´s insurance company.
10. When I returned the leased vehicle, there were many small scratches and I was charged for repair costs. ➡ Since it is not a sudden damage, it is not compensated.
11. I would like to change the insurance content of the automobile insurance. Is it possible to change it from tomorrow? ➡ It is possible.
Frequently Asked Questions
Insurance and more !
61348 Bad Homburg Germany
Services for Small-Businesses and Start-Ups
Services for Medium-sized and Industrial Clients